- "How can I help my girl avoid the dangers of social media and navigate the digital world?"
- "How can I counter society's unhealthy messages about body image and sexuality?
- "How can I help my daughter (and me!?) deal with her emotional ups and downs?"
- "What are the best ways to instill good values?"
- "How can I help her grow a firm faith in God?"
Very early on in the book (page 16), I read a simple message that I shared immediately. Cheri said there are No perfect Moms. There is no magic formula. No doing this will equal a perfect daughter, or a perfect Mom. After reading that, I knew I was going to really like this book!
- Giving advice before hearing her out.
- Finishing her sentences.
- Jumping in with positive thoughts to cheer her up when she’s expressing sadness or anger (I raise my hand on this one!)
- Tossing orders and giving little lectures. (I must raise my hand on this one too)
- Criticizing her.