- Phase 1 ( Monday-Tuesday)- Lots of carbs and fruits
- Phase 2 ( Wednesday-Thursday)- Lots of proteins and veggies
- Phase 3 ( Friday-Sunday)- All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils
- Be prepared to read before you start this diet! Haylie spells out the science behind the diet and mentally prepares you for your 28 day journey. You'll need that information for what she asks of you, so please don't skip ahead.
- Once you are ready to start, double check your grocery list and shop for a full weeks worth of groceries. This book has lots of healthy recipes and a master food list for each week, which I found very helpful.
- Be prepared to drink lots and lots of water! I thought I was good on my water consumption, but no. This diet has you drinking half your weight in ounces per day. Talk about flushing ~ literally and figuratively! So don't start this diet if you are not going to be able to take frequent bathroom breaks.
- Speaking of drinking, you aren't supposed to drink alcohol or coffee for 28 days. I was fine with no alcohol, but no coffee? No way! I get up way too early to not have my morning coffee. I did concede to the plan and stopped using my normal fat free creamer and cut way back on my sugar.
- Be prepared to keep this book with you for the 28 days. Since you are changing eating patterns and exercise patterns every 2 days, I got a little frustrated with trying to plan family meals and events around this diet, so having the book with me helped me get back on track if I slipped up and ate a piece of fruit on the wrong day. The great thing about this plan is if you do mess up, just start over!